The benefits of volunteering range from the physical, mental, social and emotional, and are often long-term and immediate. It also benefits you and the people you are volunteering with, as well as the people you are volunteering for. Simply put, everyone wins when you volunteer.
Volunteering can be a way of taking part in your local community. It can also be a route to employment or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change.
Volunteering can help you:
- give back to the local community
- make a difference to the lives of others
- develop or gain new skills and knowledge
- enhance your CV
- improve your employment prospects
- gain an accreditation
- use your professional skills and knowledge to benefit others
- meet new people and making new friends
- gain confidence and self-esteem
If you're ready to volunteer or would like to know more, take a look at our "I want to volunteer" page, and see the difference you could make.